Re:dish growing will inspire and enable local people of all ages to improve their environment, get involved and grow, cook and eat healthy food through local projects.
- We are a friendly group of local people who are interested in improving our local environment and to get involved with growing foods through local projects.
- We also provide learning opportunities through local workshops and visits.
- We want to keep local spaces attractive and tidy.
- Friendly advice and information freely available - for all matters gardening
- We want to help Reddish becomes a more attractive neighbourhood.
- We also want to encourage the growing, cooking and eating of healthy food.
- Our meetings take place on the second Monday of each month between 19.00 and 20.30 at the New Barstow Centre on Rupert Street.
- Get involved – give it a try
- We have a lively chat over tea and biscuits whilst making plans for future projects please come and join us – no experience necessary. Just turn up at one of our meetings all welcome we would love to see you there!
As a group these are some of the events we have been involved with:
- Planting up the beds surrounding Houldsworth Square clock
- Reddfest – an activity day planting up a shoe
- Make a wreath at the Christmas lights switch on
- Seed Swop and recycled potsTool use and maintenance workshop
- Composting workshop
- An afternoon meeting at Harrogate road allotments
- Sustainable Living in The Heatons
- Refresh planting in Houldsworth Square raised beds – weather dependant
- Redfest – Edible basket making event – herbs/edible flowers in containers